Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Cat Friday

November 26, 2012--DCIN's black foster kitties ask you to share some of your Cyber Monday savings with them.


****************************************************************************************

November 23, 2012--We hope all our American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day filled with exactly what you wanted for the day. Now you have Black Friday and the ensuing weekend to start (or perhaps finish) your preparations for the December holidays--Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.


Wherever you are in the world, as you buy or make and wrap holiday gifts for your family and friends, and perhaps even for a child or family in need, please also think of the extra-sweet kitties. DCIN has fifteen kitties in foster care that are so grateful to have the love and care of a family. DCIN provides for their diabetic and other medical care, some of which has been very expensive as we have recently dealt with lengthy hospitalizations. Some also have had or need dental procedures.

One way to donate for DCIN's foster kitties is to participate in our Black Cat Friday Chip-in. Donate a bit of your Black Friday Savings--perhaps 5% or 10%--for our black kitties. The amounts DCIN receives through this chip-in will be shared among Tidus (recent hospitalization for Pancreatitis and Primary GastroIntestinal Disease and diagnostics for heart disease), Vinny (a recent dental), and Dominique. If DCIN could raise $3,000 this weekend, that would be awesome. It would not completely cover our fundraising goals for these three cats, but it would get us pretty darned close.

Thank you, and may your holidays be all you hope they will be. ~Venita




2 comments:

Linda said...

Just checking to make sure you received my donation. I don't see that the donation ticker changed since I donated. I also was hoping to get my donation listed as a memorial donation. Please let me know what I need to do on my end to help facilitate the process. Thank you.

Venita said...

Hi Linda. I just checked the chip-in dashboard, and your donation is reflected in the ticker.

I also see your request there for a memorial contribution for Guinness. I am so sorry for your loss of your dear friend; he went through so much. Please email me his photo and maybe a brief memorial for him and I will give him a blog page--unless you have that memorial on an Internet site somewhere I can link to.

I will also email you with this message.