Hello, DCIN supporters! DCIN is asking for goods and services to be donated for its 3rd annual online auction.
Auction items should sell at a reasonable price: $8 to $100, including postage. We are looking for services of any kind that might have international appeal and goods in good to excellent condition that are not so fragile that they might break with mailing through the United States Postal Service. You can see the types of items donated and sold in last year's auction album.
Donors hold their items until there is a successful auction winner who has paid DCIN directly for their items. A DCIN Auction Team member will then contact the donors to let them know that the items are ready to mail and provide them with the name and mailing address of their item's winner.
To list items in the auction, the Auction Team needs the following from the donors emailed to Auction@dcin.info:
- A clear photo of the individual goods being donated, displayed in an appealing manner. Multiple photos of the same item are welcome, especially those that show different sides of the same item.
- A brief but detailed description of the goods or services being donated, including condition and size.
- The minimum bid amount for the individual goods or services being donated.
- If you know the regular retail value or the item, please include that.
- Whether you also will be donating the cost of postage for the goods mailed within your country.
- If you will not be donating the cost of domestic postage, the country in which the donated item is located and the approximate boxed weight of the item so that we can estimate mailing costs.
Currently, we plan to start the auction on Sunday, February 21, 2016, at 12 noon Eastern and end on Saturday, February 27, 2016, at 9 pm Eastern. We ask for your photos and information about your auction donations by Monday, February 15, 2016.
Thanks so much to all who are considering donating items for this auction. With your donations, we expect this to be a very successful fundraiser.
~Amy, DCIN Development Director