Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fly Free, Sweet Puma

Puma in his healthy days.

March 22, 2012--Trung's post this afternoon on DCH, announcing Puma's passing. The DCIN family is so saddened by Puma's loss, and pray that Trung and his family find peace with their grief.
First, I want to thank everyone for their continuing support for Puma. I was informed by my family that Puma didn't make it past the night, and I will be going with my family to see him one last time before he is to be cremated. The pain inside me is unbearable, but my own pain is the last thing on my mind since all I can think of is Puma and I pray that he passed away without any more pain from what he had to go through all these weeks. With that said, I will absolutely make sure to get his ashes back and return them to the sea as I believe that would do him honor to return him to the source of life itself.


In the last 48 hours, I've learned so much about how to take care of Puma, from feeding him, giving him the medication, and providing him with love to further strengthen the bond between the two of us to a level I never thought would be possible. The knowledge I have learned, and feelings I have experienced I will keep close with me for the rest of my life, and I will use what I have learned to provide happiness to the next cat I have, one that I will certainly rescue from the pound. I wish to show respect to Puma's memory and to this community by doing this as I'm sure we all would love to have all the cats in this world to be happy and cherished and one cat to be saved and given the love it deserves is one step further to making that happen. Thank you once again for your support everyone, I will never forget it.
********************************************************************************

March 21, 2012--Puma is new to DCIN. We were alerted to his need during the night by the Diabetic Cat Help Board of Directors. Recently diagnosed diabetic, Puma was put on least expensive insulin his Dad Trung could find--Humulin N. But Puma continued to decline--inappetant and unresponsive. DCIN helped to get Puma to the vet this morning where he was diagnosed DKA.

Trung posted on DCH that Puma will be in the hospital (a local vet, not an ER vet) for three to four days. The cost is estimated at $800 to $1300. DCIN has pledged $250 from its general fund and received another $200 in pledges. The chip-in I have posted is for the difference between the high end of the estimate and what has been pledged so far. Please, please help if you can. Help in the form of prayers and best wishes are very welcome. Trung and his family are very concerned about dear Puma. So are we. ~Venita

No comments: